1. Record the instrumental tracks to eight original songs this week with Neal Alger, my favorite guitarist to work with.
2. Record the vocal tracks to those songs (at Handwritten Recordings) next week.
3. Keep submitting songs to TAXI.com with the goal of selling my songs for TV/film placement or to be recorded by other artists (or other uses that earn me money).
4. Spend October, November and December focusing on waiting tables and earning as much as possible towards more recording and more submissions.
5. Cut back on waitressing shifts in January to write/rehearse/record more songs.
6. Repeat through -- oh, maybe 2009 -- at which point I'll evaluate if I want to keep doing it.
Focusing on music again, especially earning money with it, feels like the best thing I've done in a long time, occupation-wise. This is right.