Here is how I have spent the past two weeks, since returning from two weeks in South America:
1. Rehydrating with water and fruit juice.
2. Feeling weak and wimpy after two weeks of not only skipping my gym workouts, but being in high altitude areas that required me to walk slowly and conserve my muscles because it was so hard to breathe.
3. Replacing the five pounds I lost by eating everything in sight: McDonald's food, cookies, donuts, chocolate candy, potato chips, sandwiches, cheese, cupcakes, Chinese food, pancakes. I even had one of my husband's colas, for chrissake.
4. Putting on another five pounds, just to punch out the dents, as Rosie O'Donnell would say.
5. Wondering what's going on since craving sweets is normal for me, but I haven't been a fast food eater or soda drinker since college.
6. Re-acquainting myself with free weights, yoga, pilates and the elliptical machine and gradually re-building my cardiovascular capacity and muscle strength.
7. Working through a lot of anger with an Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner. After releasing that anger, I was able to stop the junk food binge.
8. Eventually returning to my former habits of healthy breakfasts, hearty stews for lunch and vegetables and fruits all day long.
9. Feeling my arms and legs start to feel strong again.
10. Buying airline tickets for my next vacation which will be WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.