- Owning a pet has been shown to improve humans' health (physical and mental). My husband and I can definitely use that.
- Bob loves dogs, was raised with them and has been wanting a dog for a long time.
- I am finally mature enough, at the age of 45, to take care of a being who is dependent on me for food, safety and well-being.
- I'm not as afraid of being needed as I used to be.
- I've been studying the art of training and sharing one's life with a dog and I'm feeling confident about it.
- Owning a dog will make me a nicer person (more patient, more relaxed, less afraid)...eventually.
- Bob says they're fun to play with.
- For god's sake, we're a couple that doesn't want children. Isn't it required by society that we have at least one dog?
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
My reasons to get a dog: