What food are you unable to live without?
Because of U.S. drought this summer, peanut prices could climb by 30% over the next several months. This puts in jeopardy my favorite lifelong snack: peanut butter. I'm talking about freshly ground, organic peanut butter, which contains just the peanuts, that I get at a natural foods store. How important is this oily protein source to me?
- If asked to choose one food that I simply cannot do without, I choose peanut butter.
- If I run out of it, what food most drives me to run out to the grocery store? Peanut butter.
- It's my main comfort food.
- It's what I'm almost always in the mood for, even when I don't feel like eating anything else.
- I'll eat fresh, organic peanut butter with jelly, carrots, apples, raisins, tomatoes, mushrooms, bean sprouts, chicken, beef, tuna, bread, crackers or rice cakes, but it tastes best off my finger.
- I consider it a diet food and will not sacrifice it even when I give up grains, sugar, processed food, beverages-besides-water, dairy products and anything made out of flour (as I've been doing since July).
- Yes, I'm losing weight right now, on a protein-and-vegetables diet that includes peanut butter.
- Given a choice of flavors for cookies, protein bars, candy, etc. I will always choose peanut butter.
- Peanut butter!
If prices go too high, maybe I can stop getting haircuts.