Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No, not the peanuts! NO!!


What food are you unable to live without?

Because of U.S. drought this summer, peanut prices could climb by 30% over the next several months. This puts in jeopardy my favorite lifelong snack: peanut butter. I'm talking about freshly ground, organic peanut butter, which contains just the peanuts, that I get at a natural foods store. How important is this oily protein source to me?

  • If asked to choose one food that I simply cannot do without, I choose peanut butter.
  • If I run out of it, what food most drives me to run out to the grocery store? Peanut butter.
  • It's my main comfort food.
  • It's what I'm almost always in the mood for, even when I don't feel like eating anything else.
  • I'll eat fresh, organic peanut butter with jelly, carrots, apples, raisins, tomatoes, mushrooms, bean sprouts, chicken, beef, tuna, bread, crackers or rice cakes, but it tastes best off my finger.
  • I consider it a diet food and will not sacrifice it even when I give up grains, sugar, processed food, beverages-besides-water, dairy products and anything made out of flour (as I've been doing since July).
  • Yes, I'm losing weight right now, on a protein-and-vegetables diet that includes peanut butter.
  • Given a choice of flavors for cookies, protein bars, candy, etc. I will always choose peanut butter.
  • Peanut butter!

If prices go too high, maybe I can stop getting haircuts.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Here's a recipe for homemade peanut butter. Mmmm.. http://strawberryblu.com/2011/03/05/december-byblos-and-peanut-butter/

Mick said...

Strange but I've never been a fan of Peanut Butter but do like nuts.