I've been averaging 2,000 words a day since 2 November, writing for a couple of hours every night. I even put in 1,000 words on Thanksgiving Day (22 Nov), but then I hit a wall. I wrote nothing at all on Friday the 23rd. While other Americans cussed their way from strip mall to strip mall, I spent the day like this:
- Surfed the Internet on my iPad while lying in bed until 11:00 a.m. (dog accompanied)
- Made and ate breakfast.
- Watched first two episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Went to a hair appointment and discovered it was damn cold outside.
- Came straight home and watched the next two episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Watched the fifth and sixth episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Began watching all six episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum all over again.
On Thursday I will enjoy the feeling of being DONE with this masochistic experiment. I'll take a moment to listen for the desperate typing and scribbling of my still-sweating colleagues across the world and start watching/repeat-watching the seventh episode of American Horror Story: Asylum. And I'll probably swear to never do NaNoWriMo again.