- The human body is designed to gain weight over time, not lose it.
- There are no safe, convenient methods for permanently turning a fat person into a thin one (eating less and exercising more only work if you're willing to starve and exhaust yourself indefinitely).
- Accept your body and focus on being healthy instead of thin.
- The weight loss industry is milking the whole "obesity epidemic" for profit, at the expense of our self esteem.
- Science has not proven that carrying extra pounds is bad for your health.
- There are no good foods or bad foods. There's just food.
- Girls are taught to dislike and distrust their bodies, which sets women up for a lifetime of misery.
I’m also not watching television shows that feature skinny actresses, but no chubby ones. That means I probably won't find out what happens on Revenge this season (an ABC show starring the skinny Emily Van Camp and Madeleine Stowe), but so be it. I will fill my head with typically sized people and know that I am absolutely fine as I am.