Saturday, August 08, 2015

Sears Tower Skydeck

I've wanted to visit the Sears Tower (not the Willis Tower) ever since they installed the sections of the Skydeck where you can stand on a glass floor and pretend you're suspended 103 floors above the ground. I finally made it last night.


The path out of the building, strings you through a gift shop and a place to get food. On my way through the gift shop, I had to get a picture with this spheroidal thing that honors the Chicago Bulls basketball team:


I occasionally enjoy being a tourist in my own town.

9 comments:

livelearn said...

So, does this count as something on your bucket list? Do you even have a bucket list?

At any rate, good for you! It is, indeed, touristy, but what an awesome experience. I was there five years ago with friends from Argentina and enjoyed seeing their reactions more than anything.

Regina Rodríguez-Martin said...

Livelearn- hmm...maybe it's time to make a bucket list. Yes, this would have been on it. I feel better now that I've done it. Other bucket items would be making a pile of money, helping secure my only niece's financial future and publishing a book.

Mick said...

Hi Reg,
Have you done "Tilt" up the Hancock tower ?

Regina Rodríguez-Martin said...

Mick, no, I haven't. Do you suggest it?

Mick said...

Yes did it last year, was in Chicago a couple of nights so gave it a go.

Totally different sensation face down and moving.

Regina Rodríguez-Martin said...

Excellent. I'm doing that next.

Mick said...

You'll be starting to like been a tourist, today Chicago, tommorrow the World.

Regina Rodríguez-Martin said...

Uh, yeah sure, Mick.

Mick said...

Haha, Just let me know when you decide to visit the UK.