|Melissa McBride as Carol. |
This woman is my true peer.
1. What insanity/stupidity leads women (Lori, Maggie) to want to carry a baby to term with increasing numbers of monsters everywhere and no safe places or steady food sources? Asinine.
2. I totally disagree with Morgan's "all life is precious" philosophy. Carol should have killed him.
3. Carol must go down in television history as one of the most fully realized, intriguing and well-evolved characters who is also a MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN. How long have we waited for such an action figure? Melissa McBride, who plays her, turned 50 years old last year. I love this character. And on top of that, she's got the right idea. I totally agree that it's kill or be killed, and no soft-heartedness. I seriously wanted her to kill Morgan at the end of the last episode. One of my favorite scenes is her confrontation with Pete, where she bullies a bully who outweighs her by about 50 pounds. OH, yeah.
4. My favorite episodes are the ones that feature Carol.
5. So, have Carol and Daryl ever gotten it on?
6. The priest (Gabriel) should have died a long time ago (*ahem* Sasha!). Come, on. He's worse than worthless.
7. I was fine with Andrea dying after she was such an idiot about "Governor" Phillip.
8. Favorite lines are Maggie to Glenn: "So I hear you're fast on your feet. Good at getting in and out." And: "Spencer, why don't you go make sure the gate's closed?"
9. I laughed hardest at the end of "Try" when, in the middle of one of Rick's sanctimonious speeches, Michonne conked him on the head and knocked him out cold. That was GREAT.
10. My philosophical question: if the numbers of walkers are increasing exponentially every damn day and the remaining humans are bigger and bigger assholes/sadists, what IS the point of surviving?
And now I have to leave my apartment because I don't have a TV, so I'm watching tonight's first original Walking Dead episode since last year at R Public House bar!
UPDATE at 9:45 p.m. Just watched tonight's episode (2/14/16). OH, yeah. That was good!